Friday 15 March 2013

Mid Century Modern

After torrential rain this afternoon, the sun came out so I took some pix of the things I am taking to Inchbare Hall, between Edzell and Brechin, on St Patrick's Day. I hope everyone can see and admire the splayed legs - very modern. 
The azaleas on this lovely, neat little table, are a mother's day present to me from my Jack Russell, Tilly. She stayed with my neighbours while I was at the Funk Fair last week and when I picked her up, it turned out she had asked the neighbours to take her shopping for a present for me . . .
The cross bars on this stool are the reason the stool is still stable after 50 years or so, while the legs of modern ones go skeewiff after a couple of years.
This little stool is so-o-o 1960s and astonishingly, the woven cane seat is still in perfect condition. Maybe it's not so astonishing at all, just an other example of the quality of vintage furniture and one of the reasons it appeals to people.
This nursing chair is a perfect piece of untouched mid century modern. The springs are good, the moquette is clean with very slight signs of wear.
 Apologies to serious vintage lovers, now, but this is a response to a request for pink lace.
 This looks too orangey - the effect of the sun setting in the west.
This is a better representation of the real shade of pink.

Just the weather to relax outside with a good book - and a thick jumper! Looking forward to the Vintage Fair at Inchbare. . .  Seeya there!

No comments:

Post a Comment