Monday 18 March 2013

First Class Vintage Bazaar

The  first Vintage Bazaar at Strathacathro Hall, Inchbare was a first class event. Thanks to Fancy That? Paul and Carol for the work in organising the event and attracting so many visitors.
No thanks to me for the lack of decent photos. As ever, when it's busy, pix are the last priority.
 This is Hazel and this is her photo - I hope she doesn't mind my copying it
I did move off the stall to take some but became distracted by Hazel's lovely Vintage Tea Party dishes and bought three items from her.
Hazel's lovely Mum
As always, I met some lovely customers and potential  - once I've checked the stamp on my cereal bowls, the shape of a  pouffe I saw somewhere and photographed some of the piles of 'stuff' in my house - customers.
One aspect of the day I enjoyed was that it was a real rural event. Stall holders were drawn from Forfar and Glamis, via Laurencekirk , Edzell and Fettercairn to Stonehaven and Bieldside. I've started linking so I'll see how many more I can manage, GladragsEncore dress agencyPend Emporium, SaltSwatchmaker - I think that's it for now.
Customers had come from as far as Aberdeen, but most were from here and there around the Mearns and North Angus and a lot appreciated that they didn't have to hake away into Dundee or Aberdeen with the traffic and parking implications that entails. "More Country Venues" - that'll be my new campaign for 2013 - or more correctly, 'let's take more events into the venues that already exist in the countryside' but that's not so snappy! (I'm out of circulation for the first three weeks of April, but I'd have liked to sign up for the Easter event in the Inglis Hall Edzell and one in Laurencekirk.)
Anyway it was a great day, I've got more space in my house; I'm looking forward to clearing out even more, and the three small things I bought are useful, beautiful and joyful, too. Now, all I have to do is prepare for lambing.
 PS  'Hello' to the friends of Eric the Peacock, I hope he comes home. If anyone finds him, he is missing from a home near near Inchbare Hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment