Monday 11 March 2013

Frosty Teacups

Another great Gin in Teacups fair in Dundee - despite snow falling and blowing outside.
For a change, I remembered the camera and managed to take some pix;   
I tried to get an impression of the fair, although I should have taken more 'face on' pix like these above, to show the goods on sale.
Some stalls had a wide range of goods, others focused on one product.
Chloe's cards deserve a better pic than this, they are (laser?) cut and can be made to order.
There was wide variety of styles - and products, from fashion to furniture and even fire lighters!
 Some dark, and some very colourful.
Customers varied; families of three generations enjoyed the day - and grannies bought too.
This has to be my most exciting customer of the day - she bought this jumper from me at one of my first fairs and says it is now her favourite jumper. I bought it in the 1980s and I'm sure she won't see another one like it. I think it was knitted on a domestic knitting machine. The intricacy of the pattern is astonishing. There were plenty produced with rows of free standing sheep - Princess Diana wore one - but these are overlapped and interlocked, not unlike an overhead view of a real gathering of big numbers of sheep. The designer put a lot of thought into the pattern, before computers took the heavy work out of graphics.The jumper was too small for me but I liked it, and kept it to make into a cushion.
That didn't happen, but I'm pleased it has found a good home with someone who appreciates the work that went into it.  
 Speaking of home, nice to see some painted furniture.
 Lots of pretty things, even a live fairy, whose wings are just visible in the bottom right corner.
Sorry to anyone I missed. 
 Some of the pix were a bit fuzzy - sorry about that, too!
Remember - next event is Vintage Fair at Inchbare Hall March 17th.
 
PS - I hope to photograph some crockery and a pink lace cardi - for those who asked - in the next day or two, but have been busy today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment