Thursday 11 June 2015

Pause for thought

A lovely day at a lovely venue, with lovely people,but the stress of packing and hauling stuff about and disposing of very little bulk at recent fairs is beginning to tell on me.

I thought I was all all packed and ready the night before the latest event, until a late message announced that there was no lighting.

After a search I  found and packed 2 standard lamps, a bar of spotlights with an additional stand and an extension lead but they were not needed in the end.

The past few events have barely reduced my stockpile - which is the object of the exercise - so I have to rethink my strategy.

Some people say, "Put it  into the charity shop"  but I know some charity shops won't sell some of the things I have. One shop sells synthetic fleece throws on the rails and puts good, pure wool blankets and travelling rugs in the 'dog blanket' box.

People admire the things I have on my table - some get quite excited, some even send me messages thanking me, so that makes me feel I am right to sell things to people who appreciate them.

 I know that some people sold more so maybe I need to take a different approach.

I am nervous of ebay - of packing and posting items to strangers,  I posted two items on a Facebook selling page and one has been claimed, so far, but these lovely heavy, iron, garden bench ends - with wooden arm rests are still here. 


I have taken photos of a music cabinet, with drop front drawers. I would have included it here, but I haven't taken the pix from the camera and reduced them yet - and  time on line  is treasured, so I will process them later. (If anyone is interested, the drawer fronts seem to be teak, but the queen Anne legs seem to be a different hardwood. I don't think it is particularly old. It is not polished.

I may need to put more effort into display.

A friend commented that, presented in open 'trays'  it was not clear what some of my fabrics, embroidered bed and table linens were. Packing and unpacking is a big job and I try not to complicate it, but if people cannot see what is on the table, I have to do something about that - maybe even labelling the trays will help,

I am taking a short break from fairs till I work out what I need to do and how I can achieve it, but now it's time for bed. 

ZZZZzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment