Friday 5 June 2015

Little Birds come out in the sunshine



My first Little Birds market of the year. The mist was rising as I drove through Fife and the sun was shining by the time I reached St Andrews. I was early and the cleaner was mopping the floor so I took a bundle of flyers and walked down the street handing them out. At St Andrews, there are always people going about as I unload the car so I use that opportunity to promote the event, too.

It was nice to see regular stallholders who don’t venture North of the Tay, as well as Vicki and her very supportive mum.
 

The public came in in drifts, in response to Vicki and Laura-Jane’s placarding of the town, but they were not really in buying mode. The public who come into the very funky Vic bistro are usually a lively, mixed demographic interested in art, crafts, fabrics, vintage clothes and crockery. This week only one woman seemed genuinely interested in the clothes rail. 

I know that some buyers handed over decent sums of money for ‘single items’ which appealed to them. I sold crockery requested in advance, but made no casual sales. 

One artist who paints in a number of media said she had sold jewellery, which is unusual for her at that venue. The market attracts some very talented artists and crafters, some lovely people and a little vintage.

 I loved this fish in  the river, but this week I am determined to be more proactive - or just ACTIVE -  in my decluttering.

I listed a cake stand which received an instant response from a pal who is due to collect it at the weekend. I was so heartened by that, that I looked around for something else I do not need and I have now added to the listing (on Neil's virtual car boot page  ) two iron garden bench ‘ends’ which have waited patiently in my garden for wooden slats to transform them into a garden bench.

Can I list one thing every day this week? A challenge!



No comments:

Post a Comment