Monday 14 October 2013

The Gals are Back in Town

Great to be back in the gorgeous Chamber East, Dundee, for Gin in Teacups. 
Good to see the lovely Gin Gals, Laurie and Sarah.
Nice to see familiar, friendly stallholders from Dundee, Fife and further afield, who I  haven't seen since Spring, as I've been concentrating on fairs in the North East over the Summer. 
I've been missing some of them.
 
Setting up the stall felt like the first day of a new school term - unpacking a mix of new things and old stock and catching up on the summer's news. 
On the other hand, it is always nice to meet new people, some of whose work I had seen and heard of, previously. 
Most importantly, it was good to see customers, new ones and three of my best  
who between them bought bags of fabrics, a shirt - selected specifically for him (personal shopping, just part of the service), 
 a pair of mint condition 1970s lampshades and a pair of trousers laid aside awaiting a small alteration.
 Now, another weekend, another fair . . . 
 Next one is Funk Fair at Roseangle Arts Cafe, 132 Perth Road, DD1 4JW.
I wish I could say the lovely Callyanna was one of my customers, I'll have to dig deeper into my wardrobe to look for something that fits her, before I see her again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment