Monday 25 August 2014

August, season of major sheepdog trials

Not so much busy times as frantic, and I have been struggling to remember what day it is and where I am supposed to be - and still not entirely sure I've mastered it yet. 
The Scottish National sheepdog trial in the Scottish Borders involved a long trek with caravan in tow. I thought this picture would entertain people who don't follow trials and only now realised there isn't a dog in the pic, but trust me, a dog had jut put the sheep in the pen, the man closed the gate and one of the sheep didn't fancy the look of the inside! 
Then, it was on to Banchory for another of Chic Retro's 'special' summer fairs.
Because of limited time, I concentrated on crockery and fabrics which seem to attract interest in the North East,
 and "something I made earlier" - cosy woollen cushions. 
It was nice to see Neil from Forfar, back at Banchory.
There were some new stallholders with lovely things,
 some I hadn't seen for a long time, 
some camera shy,
some regulars,
and some whose presence brighten up everyone's day.
Make someone's day; serve tea in a vintage tea set!

1 comment: