Wednesday 9 July 2014

Several News!

Lots of new things - first, a new (for me) venue -  Ministry of Crafts in Crown Terrace, Aberdeen. a lovely Church. Not the Church hall, but a lovely space which, I presume, has been converted to be adaptable for many different functions, including Church services.
A slightly new look to my stall, under the influence of my lovely assistant, my niece Grace who helped me to set up and pack away again. "Thank you, Grace," and to Paul, for taking Tilly the dog while I was in the Ministry.
My previous experience of Aberdeen is that crockery sold well, and indeed I got off to a very good start, but it slowed down as the day went on although people were coming through the door.
On the brighter side, there were a couple of enquiries which I hope may lead to sales in the future.
I met new neighbours - Dawn and Roger. I have seen their stall of retro toys before, but never really met either of them. They were friendly neighbours and contributed to an enjoyable day. 
There were some interesting stalls and talented crafts people, that were certainly new to me - this textile designer for one,
and this very varied stall which demonstrated a range of artistic abilities. I tend to choose a plain look, but the lady on this stall impressed with her range of illustrative finishes, decoupage, free hand painting and special effects.  
As well as the new there was the familiar and Jilly Tait of Bottled Treasures was opposite me, this was one of her last fairs before she moves to Falkland. Good Luck, Jilly, hope to see you again, maybe further south!
Once more, the camera battery situation started to falter so I don't have many pictures, so sorry to those I haven't snapped.

No comments:

Post a Comment