Thursday 12 June 2014

Crafty Weekend

A very sleepy catch up post on my crafty weekend. The drive down to Falkland Summer Craft Fair was beautiful and the sun shone; the Falkland Community Hall was compact, but held a good variety of stalls including a cake and coffee stall run by organisers, Caren and Craig.
As well as hand made items, I had a small quantity of materials with me - pure wool in 2, 3 and 4 ply as well as Shetland lace weight and some double knitting; a few pieces of sewing fabric found new homes and helped to reduce my stash.
I met several new stallholders - Sandy with her cards.
 A lady whose name I don't know, with cushions and and pouches in beautiful tweeds.
Aileen Clark with her attractively designed stall of vividly coloured land and sea scapes in felt, prints of felt and jewellery made of strata of coloured silk. She even managed to co-ordinate her own outfit.
 Apologies for my lack of photos, I was - as usual on fair days - pretty tired.
The day was not very busy, but I didn't have as full an offering as I might have done. Torrential rain mid afternoon dampened spirits, but not before a surprising visitor appeared. 
 The royal party took a turn across to the hall from nearby Falkland Palace
and posed with Aileen's mugs.
Next day was outdoors at Stonehaven.
What is Tilly, my Jack Russell, so interested in?
 A lookalike?
 "Do you mind?"
Book sales helped to lighten my load, but I bought a very comfortable 'director' chair, a basket, plants and toffee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment