Tuesday 27 May 2014

A Little Bird Told Me . . .

"Thank you," to all my new visitors who have been counted (but not identified) on Blogger's statistics since the Little Birds Market at St Andrews.
This has to be a very quick post, as I am rushing out shortly. Vicki did a great job of drawing in the public - 397 people in 4 hours - but many were browsing, rather than buying. For a first time visit to the town and the venue, Vicki wisely priced the pitches accordingly and I have nothing but praise for the way she and her team organised and publicised the event and would add praise to the staff of the Vic, for their co-operation and thanks to those of the staff who purchased from the stalls.
As usual, one of the pleasures of the day was meeting new-to-me traders, including Steph of Abetwix, above in one her own sweat shirts.
This imaginative driftwood stall was my neighbour on the other side, with yet another nice lady at the helm.
This stall with a wide range of hand crafted cards, jewellery and pin cushions had crafts to suit every pocket - I saw £1 price tickets!
These quirky crochets made everyone smile - the green, caterpillar striped bag in the bottom right is a cocoon for a little baby. I seriously liked that, but luckily, I don't have a little baby to put in it.
Little Birchwood and Cherry Red Vintage had their usual selection of comic book bunting and 1970s psychedelic prints.
Recycled records on this stand completed the 'wing' of the Little Bird's Market in which my stall and rail were set up.
I didn't have time to look round the 'big room' properly, but I liked the look of this stall which I think was a joint effort of a needleworker and wood crafter.
I met this lovely family - with a pretty stall - and vice versa. Mum is missing here, because she was eyeing up - and bought - a vintage 'TV set' - cup and saucer/ plate combined - designed to let the new TV fan leave the table! to watch telly with saucer / plate in one hand and cup in the other. Presumably the cup was returned to the saucer and cake removed from the plate with the 'cup hand'.
Speaking of cake, these ladies set up in a small bar area with a chocolatier? alongside.
Since the market, one lady has expressed an interest in one of the tea sets above, posted on FB by - Little Bird's Market OR The Vic, not sure which, but 'thank you' both. A visitor who admired the stock on display at the market has ordered something from pix of the stock that stayed at home and I hope to deliver it to him Very Soon!
"Thank You" to buyers, potential buyers, visitors, traders, the Vic staff and all the Little Birds who worked to make it an enjoyable day.  

P.S. Follow-on sales worth almost double what I sold on the day, have nearly tripled my total takings and made an undoubted financial success of my day at Little Birds debut in St Andrews.  

No comments:

Post a Comment